Each year, the Bellevue Public Schools Foundation funds a variety of grants to enrich the education experiences of students and teachers inside and outside of the classroom.
We understand the immense need for continued innovation in the classroom. The Classroom Grants program allows educators to obtain supplies, admissions or access to resources that will enhance the student education experience. These resources are designed to foster creativity in learning and provide innovative ways to engage students.
Applications for the 2020 – 2021 Classroom Grants are now closed. Please check back to see a list of classroom grant recipients at the end of October. Questions? Email: email@example.com.
Please Note: The Bellevue Public Schools Foundation is honored to support the Classroom Grants program; however, please understand that in the event in-person learning is suspended at any point during the school year due to COVID-19, the Classroom Grants program may be deferred.
Classroom Grants Eligibility
- Allow teachers/staff to obtain supplies, admissions, and access to other items which will enhance the student education experience.
- Foster creativity in learning and provide innovative ways to engage students.
- Use in a classroom, in one or multiple schools, or as part of an after-school or summer enrichment program.
- Submit one grant as an individual or as part of a team (collaborations maximizing dollar reach are encouraged). Individual names will not be included on the final applications that is reviewed by the grants committee.
- Submit only one grant each year.
- Have your building principal or supervisor approve the application to ensure it is compatible with BPS programs/technology guidelines and the adopted curriculum.
- Include a purchase order or invoice/bid document with as much relevant information as possible: websites, ISBN numbers (if applicable), information about products, specific expenses including each item, shipping/taxes (if applicable) and any other additional costs involved.
- Costs for substitute teachers
- Reimbursements to an individual
- Travel expenses for a teacher
- Special Education equipment/materials required to support Individualized Education Plans (IEP) already covered by the district
- Teacher and student instructional devices covered by the District Technology Plan, such as computers, iPads, iPods, touch-screen devices, projectors, and Apple TVs
- Technology not approved for use by the school district
Once awarded, you must make grant purchases through district purchasing methods, and, if applicable, use entities with whom the District has purchasing agreements, such as Shopko, Target, Menards, Baker’s and No Frills. Please consult with your building’s procurement person. Grants are to be funded prior to December 31 even if you plan to implement your funded grant program in the spring semester. If it is not possible to make grant purchases by December 31, please contact the BPS Foundation for special accommodations.
Grant recipients must submit a one-page evaluation to the Classroom Grants Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 31 of that school year. That evaluation should include supporting documentation such as photos, testimonials and/or published articles to help the BPS Foundation publicize the project’s success.
Classroom Grant Recipients
Classroom Grant Reports
Playground Equipment Improvement Grants
The lifespan for playground equipment at a typical elementary school is around 15 years. Despite the vital role these play centers have in a child’s day, providing a means for creativity and recreational activity, often the replacement and upkeep of these big-ticket items is delayed due to lack of funding.
Seeing an opportunity to make a lasting impact, The BPS Foundation initiated the Playground Equipment Improvement matching grant program, a collaborative partnership between the Foundation, BPS District and elementary school PTAs/administrations in 2018. The BPS Foundation is honored to be able to grant up to $35,000 annually to elementary schools as part of this initiative.